In How to Do Better Creative Work, Steve Harrison recommends 13 books for people in his industry (i.e., advertising). Through a series of posts this blog has done the same for publishing.
The 13 books on publishing are as follows:
- Michael Barnard, Transparent Imprint (reviewed 20 Aug 2010)
- Tobias Nielsen, Dominic Power, and Margret Sigrun Sigurdardottir, Creative business: 10 lessons to help you build a business your way (reviewed 29 Oct 2015)
- Steve Harrison, How to Do Better Creative Work (reviewed 10 Nov 2010)
- Michael N. Ross, Publishing Without Boundaries (reviewed 17 Nov 2010)
- Marshall Lee’s Bookmaking: Editing / Design / Production (reviewed 11 Dec 2010)
- Carole Blake, From Pitch to Publication (reviewed 5 Jan 2011)
- David J. Brown & Richard Boulderstone, The Impact of Electronic Publishing (reviewed 23 Jan 2011)
- Scott Norton, Developmental Editing (reviewed 10 Feb 2011)
- Bill Martin & Xuemei Tuan, Books, Bytes and Business (reviewed 2 Apr 2011)
- Irene Hames, Peer Review and Manuscript Management in Scientific Journals (reviewed 2 Nov 2011)
- John B. Thompson, Merchants of Culture (reviewed 25 June 2011).
- Elizabeth Currid, The Warhol Economy (reviewed 24 Jan 2013)
- Sally Morris et al, Handbook of Journal Publishing (reviewed 18 April 2013).
If you think there are any further publications that I should have included here, do please send a comment.